Motif

Here is a motif I did for my whole cloth wallhanging (seen elsewhere in this blog.) I used 4mm and 7mm silk ribbon for the flowers and 4mm silk ribbon for the leaves - straight stitch for all. The stems are done using Portuguese stem stitch but a regular outline stitch is fine. I used 4 sizes of rose montees to finish. Tip: When doing flowers with straight stitch I always start my stitch at the outside and go in toward the center of the flower. To me, it always seems to make a neater looking flower.



3 comments:

  1. Nice use of those montees! I love those the best of anything I sew on my CQs.
    Great tip on the ribbon flower, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, as always, Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work on your blog! Thanks for the little ideas :)

    ReplyDelete