This basket took a little longer than the others but, again, I used only simple stitches. The basket is done using a sz 12 variegated perle cotton and the only stitches used were staight stitch and split stitch. I also used the same thread in green for the stems (split stitch) and the leaves (satin stitch.) The petals of the flowers are straight stitched from the outside of the petal into the center using 4mm varigated silk ribbon. The number of petals in each flower are more than actual lilacs have. Who cares!! They still look like lilacs. The only tips you need to know to do these are, keep the stitches loose and be prepared to use a lot of ribbon. I used 13 yards and you won't want to run out half way through. A pearl seed bead was used in each flower center. Two of my baskets for this quilt will be in the next issue of CQMagOnline.