Half Doll Overload

I've been keeping really busy lately.  I've been slowly selling my website leftover stock on Facebook, taking crazy quilt lessons online with Kathy Shaw, and happily adding to my half doll collection.  Since I won't be finishing most of them, I thought you'd be interested in seeing some of them the way they'll probably be as long as I have them.  I knew when I started this collection that there were hundreds, if not more, but have been amazed at the variety as well.  I'm a collector at heart so am loving finding them, online currently, but looking forward to the doll show season to start.  
 
This first one is the largest one I've found and is 7" tall.  I can only imagine the difficulty the maker had in applying those pretty arms and sleeve ruffles.
 

This is one of the few I've bought that is finished.  Look at those arms and the wonderful hat she's wearing.  I would never have thought of using feathers and beads for a skirt. 
 


Finally today, this is a very nicely done reproduction.  She is painted like the antique would have been and no flowers, gold, etc. added by the doll artist.  I'm sure a lot of people would be fooled by her.  I guess that's where my doll making past will, and has, come in handy.  I am happy to have her in my collection anyway.
 

I have lots left to share with you.  Please check back!

3 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous! I hope you get many of these finished...what a great use for your vintage laces too! Sending hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is lovely Maureen, and I just adore how you have dressed her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ladies are all so elegant! I remember ordering some repro ones (from a lady in Australia I think) a number of years ago and I finished them as Christmas gifts. Of course I didn't manage to remember to keep one for myself!!

    ReplyDelete