Nicki Lee's 6" Square

This square from Nicki Lee arrived while I was away for a few days. It's always so fun to come home and have something beautiful waiting in the mail. I have admired Nicki's work for quite a while now and am so happy to add a small example of her creativity to my growing 6" square collection. I met her for the first time at An Adventure in Crazy Quilting in April and she is a joy to get to know. Nicki Lee has a wonderful blog, does beautiful lace dying which you can purchase through her etsy store, and is active with the HGTV Message Boards where she hosts CQ challenges and other activities.

Nicki's Square for Reen

My 6" square for Nicki shows my love for working with black. It has become one of my favorite colors in the past couple of years (non-color, some may say) and I'm anxious to start another project with black as the background. This one has mostly bead techniques on it and may look simple to you. It took me a hours to do as I'm not very prolific with beads.

Square for Nicki

7 comments:

  1. Both blocks are absolutely lovely. Your black is stunning and I can appreciate the difficulty of working with beads, given that we have both had eye issues. Thanks for the beautiful eye candy! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of the blocks are just wonderful! Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicki's block is very classy. ... I love the pearls! It will be a great addition to your growing collectionand P.S. miss Nicki Lee's posts! Your frame for the victorian lady is great. It looks like a peice of old trim!!
    XO Shirlee Fassell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blocks Reen, and the black one is so beautiful. Awesome bead work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I appreciate the ability to click on photos for a closer look. The work on the blocks is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two more beautiful squares. You are going to have a wonderful collection when finished.

    I too lately have been liking the black fabrics and ribbons, etc. Maybe we are tired of working with jewel tone colors for so many years.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! I found you quite by accident, and I'm awestruck by the beauty you have created here. Absolutely beautiful - Thank you for sharing your work with anyone and everyone.

    Many blessings,
    Donna
    grandma4five

    ReplyDelete